Holidays can be one of the most stressful times for many people. Shopping for gifts, traveling, hanging out with relatives you’re not necessarily fond of, cooking and cleaning up. The list goes on…
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Traditionally, the depth of the winter is the time to quiet down, go within, consolidate and appreciate what has been accomplished in the past year – and plant intentions for what you want to accomplish in the coming one.
It’s also time to bond with the loved ones, family and communities.
So in the middle of the busy holiday season, I hope you’ll be able to find some quiet time to relax, and to nourish, rejuvenate and recharge yourself.
Here are 30 simple ideas I came up with:
1. Turn off your computer and email.
2. Make yourself a pot of green tea. Sit down and savor it.
3. Go for a run or long walk in nature. Spend some time in the woods or by a lake or the ocean.
4. Say a silent prayer.
5. Watch a good movie.
6. Have a heart-felt conversation with someone.
7. Treat yourself to a massage.
8. Have your favorite desert. Eat slowly and really enjoy it.
9. Read an uplifting book.
10. Find a quiet place and meditate a bit.
11. Light a fire. Sit by it. Simply be.
12. Play your favorite music. And lose yourself in it…
13. Do something creative. Dance, sing, draw, paint, or write.
14. Play with the kids. Or play like a kid.
15. Make a gratitude list. Count your blessings.
16. Do some yoga. Connect with your body.
17. Have a real hug – the heart to heart kind.
18. Write a love note to someone you care about.
19. Light candles with your favorite scents. And take a hot bath.
20. Give yourself a facial at home with egg white, honey and vitamin E oil.
21. Have a bonfire. And watch the brilliant flames with your friends and family.
22. Take an afternoon nap.
23. Have tea with an old friend.
24. Do something small, nice and anonymous for someone you don’t know.
25. Write down what you’ve accomplished in the past year, and give yourself a pat on the back.
26. Write down your vision – things you’d like to manifest in the upcoming year.
27. Make love. And surrender yourself to the moment – wherever it takes you.
28. Make a healthy, hearty, and nourishing soup. Share it with friends and family.
29. Build a snowman. Have a snowball fight.
30. Take a drive to the forest or by the coastline – and be amazed by God’s creation.
I wish you a warm, happy and relaxing holiday season. Love and blessings to you all!