One of my favorite pastimes is to have a spa treatment at home. It’s a relaxing, nourishing, and inexpensive way to pamper myself.
The following are some delicious home spa recipes recently shared by Cycle Harmony superwomen Christen and Vild that I thought we’d try out together.
Pamper yourself a little – today – because you’re worth it!
Strawberry, Apple & Cornstarch Fruit Mask
A simple fruit facial that will make your skin light up!
1/2 cup ripe strawberries
1/2 ripe apple
1/4 cup cornstarch
1. Core the apple and cut one half in pieces (the other half you eat). Yum!
2. Blend strawberries, apple and cornstarch. Blend it into a smooth paste that is consistent enough so it will stay on your face without it running off.
3. On a clean face, spread this gently and equally with your fingertips on face and neck: keep the eye area clear.
4. Lie down. Relax. Think positive thoughts.
5. Leave on for 30 minutes.
6. Rinse with cold water.
7. Pat dry with a clean towel.
8. Apply a moisturizer. This way you “seal” your skin to keep the water inside.
TLC for Your Hands and Feet
Combine 2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups warm water
1. Soak hands and feet in this mixture for 5 minutes, relaxing and thinking positive thoughts.
2. Pat dry.
3. Apply lotion
4. Slip on cotton gloves and socks before bedtime and rest over night.
Homemade Body Scrub
4 parts oats
1 part coarse sea salt
1 part rice (if you want a rougher, sharper scrub)
1 part almonds
1 part desiccated coconut
1-3 tablespoons of honey (depending of how much you like)
Splodge of olive oil (depending on how dry or sticky you want it)
1. Grind the dry stuff in a blender – a flourmill is perfect.
2. Add the sticky and oily stuff, mix well.
3. Pour into airtight container and use liberally in the shower or bath. Remember to rinse well after.