Acne is not only common among teenagers, but also quite common among women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. It’s often related to hormone changes triggered by menstruation, birth control pills, pregnancy, or even early menopause.
So what do you do when you have acne from time to time? Are there any simple remedies to get rid of those unpleasant pimples?
The answer is of course yes. I found some simple remedies you can try at home, thanks to Dr. Mao and his book The Tao of Nutrition.
Here they are:
1. Blend a cucumber, apply externally; leave on for 20 minutes then wash off.
2. Apply plain, low fat, no chemical yogurt; leave on for 20 minutes then wash off.
3. Rub watermelon rind on the acne.
4. Apply aloe vera.
5. Eat watermelon or drink watermelon juice.
6. Drink dandelion and beet top tea.
7. Drink lukewarm water with 2 teaspoons of honey every morning with empty stomach. This helps eliminate toxins from the intestines, which may otherwise come out on the skin.
8. Boil raspberries to a concentrate and wash the area with it.
9. Roast buckwheat, grind to a powder and mix with rice vinegar to make a paste. Apply the paste to the area.
10. For oozing acne condition, cover area with pearl barley powder over night, and then wash off with water in the morning. Or mix pearl barley powder with aloe vera gel into a paste, leave it on the acne area over night, and then wash off with water in the morning.
11. Drink tea made from carrot tops, carrots, and beet tops.
12. For infected acne, apply dandelion poultice to the area.
I hope you find these remedies helpful. If you’ve tried any of them or if you’ve used any other helpful remedies, please leave a comment to share with the rest of us!