Are you worried about your weight? If so, you’re certainly not alone. Check out these 10 fun facts about weight and have a chuckle.
My appetite has been amazingly good lately.
Last night I finished a big full plate of lamb kabobs, and impressed the entire restaurant – as I saw it anyway.
Around the holidays, we all seem to eat more and exercise less. And given the fact that the subject of added pounds may pop up into our minds from time to time over the next month or so, I compiled 10 fun facts about weight that might offer some new perspective on this weighty subject.
10 Fun Facts on Weight
1. The average woman weighs about the same as 134 rats.
2. On any given day, 50 percent of women in the United States are on a diet.
3. If you live in the United States, you’ll probably walk about 50,000 miles in your lifetime.
4. We move around less than we did fifty years ago, so we use 300-400 calories fewer than we used to (and are consequently heavier).
5. The average man has 15 to 17% body fat, while the average woman is between 18 and 22%. Typical values for elite athletes are 6 to 12% for men and 12 to 20% for women.
6. Women are considered obese when 30 percent of their body is fat; for men, it is 25 percent.
7. The average American woman weighs 15 percent more than the typical Playboy centerfold.
8. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall. Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
9. Sophia Loren’s weight has been listed as 140-145 lbs with measurements of 38C-24-38 and a height of 5′ 8”.
10. Marilyn Monroe’s dress size was listed as 12 and pant size as 8 with a measurement of 37-23-36 (inches).
It seems to me that weight and size don’t so much matter. As long as you keep a slim waist, you are considered a sexy goddess. I’m grinning.